On January 20, 2021, President Biden signed Executive Order 13988, mandating that federal agencies redefine the word sex to include “sexual orientation and gender identity.” This Order reinterprets existing law and is a step towards changing regulation and policy throughout the federal government, resulting in females no longer being a legally protected class.
Women Picket DC was a peaceful protest being held to challenge Biden’s executive order and to demand rights for females in language and policy.
The rights we are fighting for are as follows:
- The right to legally define females based on their biology. The word woman means adult human female, and the word girl means pre adult human female. Adult human female is a biological category, and gender identity is an unverifiable political idea.
- The right to single-sex spaces. This includes bathrooms, changing rooms, locker rooms, bathing facilities, shelters, prisons, rape crisis centers, domestic violence organizations, and all other services which exist to protect females and allow them to participate in society.
- The right to female-only sport leagues. Thanks to former Congresswoman Patsy Mink, women have secured the rights conferred under Title IX with fair opportunities for participation and scholarships. There are many physical advantages males have over females. These include but are not limited to: larger skeletal structure, larger hands and feet, broader shoulders, narrower hips, larger heart and lungs, faster heat dissipation, better blood oxygenation, more fast-twitch muscle fibers, faster muscle recovery time, better grip strength, and a more powerful punch.
- The right to choose a health care provider of their own sex. Medical procedures are invasive and put patients in a vulnerable position. It is necessary for all to have consent over who has access to their bodies and private areas.
- The right to freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is a fundamental principle in our society. The right for anyone to talk about the female sex, sex-based rights, and the consequences of policy change, is a right promised to us by the U.S. Constitution.
Join us to demand back the rights women have won.
Female is not a gender identity; males cannot become females through chemicals or castration, or self-perception, and should not be allowed in spaces where females are vulnerable. Females are over half the population of the planet, and deserve the protections and provisions we won “on the basis of sex,” an homage to Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
Sign the petition online at womensdeclaration.com/en, and contribute to our crowd funding at givebutter.com/NYegeS.
In the words of Susan B. Anthony, “No self-respecting woman should wish or work for the success of a party that ignores her sex.”